EB-5 visa applicants must follow three general steps to obtain U.S. permanent residency:
- Submit I-526 petition to USCIS demonstrating that you have made an EB-5 investment in an:
- Individual business that will create 10 direct fulltime U.S. jobs per investor (direct Investement)
- In a USCIS-designated regional center where the investor may create 10 direct, indirect and/ or induced jobs per investor.
- Upon I-526 approval, the investor submits their conditional permanent resident application either through the filing of an I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status, or DS-230, Application for Immigrant Visa. This is the petition that will confer the green card to the investor and his eligible dependents.
- Lastly, the investors must prove that all EB-5 requirements have been met at the end of the two year conditional residency by filing the I-829 application to remove conditions of residency. The investor, their spouse, and their unmarried children under the age of 21 then become lawful permanent residents and receive their ten year green cards.
LIGTT Regional Center is committed to following each qualified foreign investor through the immigration process. To ensure a consistent filing, LIGTT will work with the investor and the investor’s attorney to prepare and provide all required investment documentation to support the investor’s immigration application through the EB-5 Regional Center Investment Program.